My Photo
Name:
Location: Bellevue, Washington, United States

Nathan is both a writer and designer of books and eBooks and is part-owner of boutique publisher Long Tale Press, LLC. He is available to help make your eBook or Book publishing project come alive with great book design.

Monday, December 18, 2006

Pampered, Spoiled, and Searched

So that’s what a spa is all about? I could get used to being pampered like that. I’ve been soaked, sweated, massaged, oiled, manicured, pedicured, made up, and dressed up. And this gown is really something else!

3:00 p.m.

Apparently, when you go to a pool party at a rich house, it isn’t to swim. It is to lounge around in a bikini so everyone can see. I didn’t want Jon to think I only had one outfit, so even though he bought me a new stunning dress, I bought a new bikini and matching pareo. But the dress! I have always wondered who wears those outfits that you see in runway shows from Paris. Well, tonight I guess I do. I feel like such a Bond girl!

It’s got some drawbacks, though. How do you wear this without blushing all the time? It’s pretty much transparent silk and cut so tight that I couldn’t carry a credit card without making a bulge. The idea of a bra is out of the question, and the panties aren’t worth mentioning. So in “Miss Congeniality,” where does Sandra Bullock keep pulling her wallet, gun, and handcuffs out of while she’s wearing those costumes?

When I got back to my room, there was another problem.

I’ve been searched.

I wonder if the reason Jon wanted me in the spa all morning and afternoon was so he could have my room searched. It’s not the mess that Cinnamon described the office as being. It was the kind of careful job that Silas did when he searched the office and my apartment. I wouldn’t have noticed, but there were things that were just not quite right. Clothes put back in the closet facing the wrong direction on the hanger. The mattress of the bed not quite square on the box springs. Whoever came in did a thorough job.

So what did they find out?

Well, the tells I left on my hiding place for my disguise and alternate ID were undisturbed, so it seems my basic cover is good. I made no secret about having my boyfriend with me, so the men’s clothes in my closet are okay. Of course, no one has seen the boyfriend since I checked in. If they were expecting to find him in the room, they missed.

I used the tile surrounding the fan in the bathroom to put my disguises and passports in the ceiling. They looked in the ceiling in the closet. There was dust that had fallen down from the ceiling on the shelf. But the bathroom hiding place was not visible from that vantage. I know because I checked.

It makes me a little queezy about going with Jon to the party this evening, but I can’t find anything that would give me away. My makeup was rifled through, but the only thing out of the ordinary in it is the spirit gum that I’m using to keep my wig firmly in place. I could dive in the pool with this on and it would stay.

Well, I’ve got my bikini on with a little lacy pareo wrapped around my waist. My bag is packed with the dress and makeup I’ll need for dinner. There’s nothing left for it but to go down and meet Jon when he pulls up in his luxury golf cart. Pretty much all transportation on the island is by golf cart or bicycle.

Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home